Community Life Events
Getting connected to the church isn’t something that happens all at once. Maybe you’ve never been to church before, and it’s all a bit strange or intimidating. Perhaps you haven’t made up your mind what you think about God, or the church. For now you’re happy to be one of the crowd and just observe. Fortunately there are lots of others in the same boat, and we have many opportunities available for you to meet those needs.
- Year Round - Let's Do Lunch Sundays - Find your favorite restaurant sign, gather with new and old friends, and head out to lunch together after each celebration.
- September - Dinners for 7 - These are exactly what they sound like. Groups of eight people would have dinner together in the homes of volunteers willing to host the dinner.
- October - Fall Festival - Halloween night from 6pm - 8m. Trick-or-treating, a magician, a balloon guy, and inflatable games.
- November - Poets, Songwriters, and Artists - An evening in the church gallery of poetry and artistic sharing.
- December - Christmas Carols/Cookie Exchange at the church. Family friendly.
- December - Family Advent Event - The Saturday before Advent begins, families gather to learn about Advent and activities.
- January - Cereal Party and Game Night at the church. Milk is provided, and everyone brings their favorite cereal and game.
- February - Dinners for 7
- March - Barn Dance at the church. Wood floor is cleared, and a caller and small band play square dance, line dance, etc. music. Family friendly. Refreshments.
- April - Easter Egg hunt / Cereal Party and Game Night at the church. Milk is provided, and everyone brings their favorite cereal and game.
- May - Family Gardening Day - at the Church community garden in the back.
- June - Church Picnic - at County Farm Park across the street.
- July - Movie night - at the church.
- August - Road Rally - starting at the church.